Welcome to my 1st “What’s in my cart” blog post. Today I hit my local Marshalls here in Moscow, Idaho with a mission to find pastel baby blue outfits to lighten up my winter wardrobe.
On this shopping trip I found 9 items that fit that goal:
- Baby blue puffer vest by Workshop Republic Clothing
- Black pair of stretch pull on skinny jeans
- Grey, long sleeve knit top
- Black and white polka dot tie neck blouse by Adrianna Papell
- Black tie front short sleeve blouse
- Baby blue cardigan by Marled Reunited Clothing
- Baby blue cowl neck sweater by French Connection
- Diamond metallic logo reversible muffler by Michael Kors
- Baby blue, silver & black faux fur scarf by Modena
What to wear BEFORE you go shopping for clothes…
- Wear easy to slip on and off shoes with a heal for more “look” options
- Wear a pair of nude or black nylon knee highs so you can try on skirts or dresses. (I don’t want to be “blinded” by my winter white legs!)
- Easy on and off blouse or just wear a light weight zip up jacket with a cami under it like I did today
- Wear white or cream undergarments that won’t show through the clothes
- Make sure you hair is pulled back or pinned back so you don’t look a mess when done
- Remove your lipstick before slipping on tops, you don’t want to transfer any make-up onto the clothes
- Bring your camera in and take a selfie. Seeing your outfit in a photo gives you a better perspective
The Workshop Republic Clothing baby blue puffer vest is a keeper! It is not to bulky and has black faux shearing on the collar and black ribbing on the sides for a flattering fit. I tried it on with the jeans I wore and added the fun Michael Kors monogram scarf that had both black and silver metallic details that I love.
I then dressed up the vest outfit by changing into a pair of black stretch skinny jeans and removing the scarf.
I really love the striking contrast of the light blue against the black jeans.
Winter wear does not have to always be jewel tones, neutrals or boring/
Look in your closet and see if you have some lighter, pastel pieces you can bring out to wear in January.
While shopping around, I came across this baby blue, silver & black faux fur scarf by Modena. The tri-colors really complimented what I already had in my cart, so I tossed it in.
It was a lot of fun to try on and made me feel so “fancy!” In the end, I passed on the faux fur and the cowl neck sweater.
I’m the kind of gal that can never say no to polka dots! This black and white polka dot tie neck blouse by Adrianna Papell is so cute and flattering.
I love the flutter cap sleeves for a bit more coverage, but also has an ease of layering under cardigans and blazers.
The tie-front accent dresses it up a bit and adds a fund detail.
I’m giving this “What’s in my cart” visit to Marshalls a thumbs up.
Out of the 9 items I had in my cart, I kept SIX! Not a bad shopping trip.
If you enjoyed this blog post, PLEASE comment below and SIGN UP via email on my Home Page so you don’t miss the next “What’s in my cart” shopping trip!
Peace & Love
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links, but there is no additional cost to you.